Ask The Trainer #71 – Casein Protein

Ask The Trainer #71 - Casein Protein

QUESTION:

Just starting on this bodybuilding thing. Great video! Your def an inspiration. I have a question if you don’t mind me asking. What’s your take on Casein protein? Does it make a difference?

Thanks for any advice

Amaan


ANSWER:

Hi, Amaan,

Thank you very much, Amaan, for the positive feedback on the video and the thoughtful words! I greatly appreciate it! No, I don’t mind one bit.

Casein protein is the predominant protein found in milk. It makes up about 80% of the protein in cow’s milk, while the remaining 20% comes from whey.

Casein protein is extracted from the milk through ultrafiltration, without the use of chemicals.

Casein Benefits

The key benefits of casein protein are that it is slow-digesting, has an excellent amino acid profile and enhances muscle growth.

Chad Shaw

Muscle growth is dependent on the balance between protein synthesis and protein breakdown. The goal is to increase protein synthesis and decrease protein breakdown. Casein protein is considered to be a muscle-sparing protein.

Since casein protein slowly enters the bloodstream, it has very little impact on protein synthesis. But, it has a powerful effect on reducing protein breakdown, while whey protein has a powerful effect on protein synthesis.

Best Time To Use Casein

To take advantage of casein proteins effectively, you need to use them at the optimal times of the day.

Casein protein is typically the best protein to take before going to sleep. Since casein breaks down steadily over time, it will continue to allow the body to absorb muscle-sparing protein throughout the night.

Whey protein, on the other hand, digests much more rapidly, making it a much more efficient protein to ingest before and after workouts.

Both casein protein and whey protein can be valuable assets to someone trying to build more muscle, providing that they are ingested at the most efficient times.


GET MY FREE TRAINING GUIDE!
(Click The Image Below.)

8 Week Transformation Triumph


My favorite proteins are those by EFX Sports. I feel their proteins are of the highest possible quality on the market which allows you to obtain maximum benefits.

Some people like to drink casein shakes before bed. However, I prefer to eat cottage cheese before bed, with a little bit of ground flaxseed added to it. Cottage cheese is also a good source of casein protein.

I hope this information helps answer your question!

Prove ‘Em Wrong,
Chad Shaw

Have A Question For Chad?

Just click the button below.

ASK NOW