Trying to increase your max bench press? Check your form! A great lift starts with form, RJ takes you through food placement, shoulders, unracking, and what you’ll need whether you are weight training, bodybuilding, or preparing for a competition. RJ Hizon is a top-ranked powerlifter and competes all over the USA. He is also one of our college’s athletes here at EFX Sports.
1. Keep your back tight! Make sure your traps are digging into the mat so you have a powerful starting point.
2. Place your feet before planting your butt.
3. Arch you back! It allows you to put more power into your bench.
4. ‘Bend the Bar’ you want to activate your lats to help support the weight as you lift. It keeps all the weight off the shoulder.
5. Focus on your angle. You want don’t want to overload your shoulders.