- Yield:12 Servings
- Difficulty: Easy
- Time:5-10 minutes
Right off the bat, let me just tell you that this is one of the yummiest protein shakes I have ever made! This is the perfect refueling post-workout shake, because it has fast digesting whey protein isolate, Karbolyn (a fast digesting carbohydrate), chia seeds which contain antioxidants, electrolytes, and nutrients; glutamine powder which aids in recovery; Kre-Alkalyn, which re-stocks your muscles with energy and also aids in recovery, and finally gelatin, which helps you get quality sleep and cushions your joints.
You can find the baking extracts online and in the baking sections of most supermarkets. The butter flavor is relatively easy to find, but the caramel extract you may have to buy online. You can live without it, but it adds so much to this shake it’s not even funny!
While this is a fantastically functional shake, it’s the mouthwatering flavor that will really knock you in the kisser! I swear it tastes just like a cinnamon roll from the bakery. Go ahead; refuel yourself in the best possible way!
- 1 scoop EFX Sports Vanilla Isolate
- 1 scoop neutral flavored Karbolyn
- 1 envelope of plain gelatin
- 1 scoop of Kre-Alkalyn powder
- 2 scoops of Glutamine powder
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. butter flavored baking extract
- ½ tsp. caramel flavoring
- 12-16 oz. water and ice
- 1 packet of stevia sweetener or erythritol
- Sugar-free or calorie free caramel syrup
- A squirt of whipped cream if desired (not in the calculated nutrition)
Put it all in the blender… and that’s it! If you want to make it pretty, squirt some of the caramel syrup into the glass before you pour the shake.